THE PULBOROUGH EXCHANGE - PRIVACY NOTICE
Welcome to our website which is provided by THE PULBOROUGH EXCHANGE LIMITED, a company registered under number 118953795 in England and whose registered address is at 81 Lower Street, Pulborough, West Sussex RH20 2BP
Your use of this website signifies your consent to us collecting and using personal data about you as specified below in accordance with this policy statement. Should we choose to change these terms for any reason, the changes will be posted here so that you are always kept informed about the collection and use of your personal information, and when we disclose it.
WHO WE ARE
We are THE PULBOROUGH EXCHANGE LIMITED. Our contact and other details are set out at the end of this policy. We are the data controller in relation to the personal data processed in accordance with this policy (except where this policy explains otherwise).
THE PULBOROUGH EXCHANGE LIMITED is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- engage us to provide our services;
- request that information about us is sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies. [We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.]
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you:
- Technical Data from the following parties based inside or outside the European Economic Area (EEA):
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with the best experience while using our services. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customise our service to make your experience easier and quicker. Personal information will be used in accordance with the United Kingdom law and regulation on data protection, principally, the Data Protection Act 2018.
We may use your personal data to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- process client orders, including sending goods and supplying services, and the management of payments;
- manage our relationship with you which will include:
- improving your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- sending to you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- sending to you email notifications, sales enquiries, proposals and quotations which you have specifically requested;
- dealing with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keeping the website secure and to prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website;
- inviting you to events we feel may be of interest to you;
- asking you to leave a review;
- enable you to partake in a competition or complete a survey;
- administer and protect our business and this website;
- deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you;
- use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
WHERE WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We normally process personal data only in the UK.
Where personal data is transferred in relation to providing our services we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that it is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognised legal adequacy mechanism which may include by entering into EC approved standard contractual clauses relevant to transfers of personal information – see:
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All personal data processed by us is stored securely (the level of security being appropriate to the nature of the data concerned and the other relevant circumstances). Any payment transactions administered by us will be encrypted using appropriate technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or systems, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may where appropriate share your personal data with:
- Any member of our company
- Appropriate third parties including:
- our business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into or other dealings we have in the normal course of business with you or the person that you work for;
- The media, where you are participating in advertising or other marketing or promotion that is intended to be publicly disseminated;
- Our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors or service providers;
- Credit or other similar reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your suitability or ability where this is in the context of us entering (or proposing to enter) into a contract with you or the person that you work for.
- In relation to information obtained via our website:
- our advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
- We may provide aggregate statistics about sales, customers, traffic patterns and information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that identifies you
- You can adjust your privacy settings at any time by emailing hello@ThePulboroughExchange.co.uk advising your preferences in detail.
- Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
- Marketing. We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Where the website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the Data Protection Requirements. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We may have to share your personal data with:
- service providers who provide IT and system administration services;
- professional advisers;
- regulators and other authorities in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- The personal data disclosed to third parties may:
- relate to performance of our contract with you;
- be necessary for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation;
- be third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you or the person that you work for; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of child protection, fraud protection, or credit risk reduction.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt-out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service agreement/contract or other transactions.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by the Data Protection Requirements.
Our shop hours are:
Monday - Saturday
10am - 5pm
The Pulborough Exchange
81 Lower Street, Pulborough RH20 2BP