CONSIGNING WITH US
Bridging the gap between auction houses and charity shops, The Pulborough Exchange helps recycle goods within the community.
We all have things we don’t need or want; items that make our hearts sink when we look at them, reminding us that something needs to be done with them. Or you may be downsizing and need to streamline your possessions. Or tasked with clearing a relative or friend’s home.
The Pulborough Exchange can help by selling high-quality items you no longer need or want - sharing the proceeds with you.
We sell items both in the shop and online, using high-quality photography to help obtain the best value for our consignors.
Items are selected
Items can either be brought in to The Pulborough Exchange or, with larger items, we may come to see them.
An agreement is made
You fill in and sign an agreement for us to sell your items.
Items are priced
We price the items and put them on display in the store and, in some cases, online.
Items are sold
Items are sold to happy customers.
40%* is returned
40%* of the sale value of items is returned to you.
*30% of the selling price of china.
It saves time if you download and complete the agreement for The Pulborough Exchange to sell your items before visiting the store. Once you've completed and signed an agreement you will not need to do so again, we simply update the list of items you have consigned.
A FEW GUIDELINES
- ALL ITEMS should be in excellent condition and clean. Clean, cared for items are more saleable and attract better prices
- FIRE SAFETY LABELS must be attached to all upholstered or leather items in accordance with UK safety standards. We cannot accept items where the labels are not permanently sewn or stapled to each individual piece, including cushions
- RUGS must have been recently cleaned
- CLOTHES, DUVETS & MATTRESSES cannot be accepted
- ELECTRICAL ITEMS, except lamps, cannot be accepted
We won’t be able to take everything so, with larger items, please drop into the store, call or e-mail us first to discuss what you are interested in selling. Photographs and measurements are always helpful!