How it works
The Pulborough Exchange was founded to bridge the gap between auction houses and charity shops, to help recycle goods within our community.
We’ve all bought or been given things we don’t need or want, items that make our hearts sink when we look at them, reminding us that something needs to be done with them. Or you may be downsizing and need to streamline your possessions. Or tasked with clearing a relative or friend’s home.
The Pulborough Exchange can help by selling high-quality items you no longer need or want - and sharing the proceeds with you. The shop is entirely local retail, supporting our consignors and buyers.
We sell items in the shop but soon online as well, using professional photography to help obtain the best value for our consignors.
Items are selected
Items can either be brought in to The Pulborough Exchange or, with larger items, we may come to see them.
An agreement is made
You fill in and sign an agreement for us to sell your items.
Items are priced
We price the items and put them on display in the store and, in some cases, online.
Items are sold
Items are sold to happy customers.
40% is returned
40% of the sale value of items is returned to you.
It saves time if you download and complete the agreement for The Pulborough Exchange to sell your items before visiting the store. Once you've completed and signed an agreement you will not need to do so again, we simply update the list of items you have consigned.
A few guidelines
- ALL ITEMS should be in excellent condition and clean. Clean, cared for items are more saleable and attract better prices
- CHILDREN'S clothing must be clean and not have holes, rips, tears or staining
- RUGS must have been recently cleaned
- FIRE SAFETY LABELS must be attached to all upholstered or leather items in accordance with UK safety standards. We cannot accept items where the labels are not permanently sewn or stapled to each individual piece, including cushions
- DUVETS AND MATTRESSES cannot be accepted
- ELECTRICAL ITEMS cannot be accepted
We won’t be able to take everything so, with larger items, please drop into the store, call or e-mail us first to discuss what you are interested in selling. Photographs and measurements are always helpful!
VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE
Our shop hours are:
Monday - Saturday
10am - 5pm
The Pulborough Exchange
81 Lower Street, Pulborough RH20 2BP